A campaign about the rescue of the historic industrial chimneys is taking place this May, in the context of the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018. The Santorini Art Factory of the Tomato Industrial Museum, together with volunteer artists of Santorini, presented five videos of the Ode to Joy, the anthem of the European Union. Each video is taking place in front of five typical chimneys of Santorini island.
– Yannis Pantazis played the tsambouna at the “Nomikos” Factory, in Monolithos
– Laura Gini played the piano at the Industrial Museum of tomato “D. Nomikos” in Vlychada
– Marina Dimitriou sang and Christos Tsantoulis played the harmonium in the Prekas factory in Vlychada
– Loizos Sorotos and Nikos Vassalos played the violin and the lute respectively at Kanakari Factory, Exo Gialos of Fira
– The Byzantine music pirate Nikos Varvarigos spoke at the Santo Factory, Monolithos
Now, through a poll, there will be a vote for the best participation among the 15, from the seven European countries that are taking part in the campaign. You can see all entries and place your vote HERE.