The international access code for Greece is +30.
The outgoing code is 00 followed by the relevant country code (e.g. 001 for the USA or Canada, 0044 for the UK).
Calls can be made from your hotel or from OTE (Hellenic Telecommunications Organisation) offices in Fira. Public phone card booths are available all over the island and cards can be bought from kiosks, mini markets and OTE.
The local mobile phone operators (Vodafone, Wind, Cosmote) use GSM networks and have roaming agreements with most international operators.
While in Greece, the telephone numbers mentioned below should be dialed as seen
– Hospital 2286035300
– Police 2286022649
– Fire Service 2286033087
– Port Authority 2286022239, 2286023217
– Civil Aviation Authority 2286028400
– Taxi Service 2286022555
– Bus Service (KTEL) 2286025404
– Cable Car 2286022977
– Municipality of Thira (City Hall) 2286022231
– Archaeological Site of Akrotiri 2286081939
– Archaeological Site of Ancient Thira 2286022217
– Museum of Prehistoric Thira 2286025405, 2286023217
– Archaeological Museum 2286022217