Having carried 100,000 passengers from the beginning of the year, 3,5 times more than in the same period of the previous year, thanks to the new base launched in Athens this year, Volotea announced that its routes to Santorini, Heraklion, Mykonos and Venice will be operated all through the winter season with frequencies between three and four times a week.
Volotea currently serves from Athens a line-up of eight destinations: three domestic routes (Santorini, Mykonos and Heraklion) and five destinations in Italy (Venice, Bari, Genoa, Palermo and Verona). The company has achieved an average 93% seat load in this first half of 2018.
The schedule and the seat load performance is as follows:
- Santorini: daily flights and 96% seat load.
- Venice: 3 flights per week, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and 95% seat load.
- Heraklion: daily flights and 94% seat load.
- Genoa: 2 flights per week, on Mondays and Fridays, and 94% seat load.
- Bari: 2 flights per weeks, on Mondays and Fridays, and 93% seat load.
- Mykonos: daily flights and 90% seat load.
- Verona: 2 flights per week, on Thursdays and Sundays, and 88% seat load.
- Palermo: 1 flight per week on Fridays and 83% seat load.
“We are proud of the positive results of Volotea during the first six months of 2018 in our base of Athens. Launched last May, the base shows excellent results in this first stages. We are pleased to see our development in operations thanks to our 30 people team, a Boeing 717 and the full collaboration of Athens Airport representatives” said Carlos Muñoz, Founder and CEO of Volotea.